Monday, May 5, 2008

My first web post


I'm a total rookie at web design so I decided to learn by starting with a blog. So far, so good. I am hoping that eventually I will be able to design a functioning web site for my business which is primarily repairing computers, laser printers, inkjet printers, and copiers. I have a special interest as well in repairing and restoring to working condition typewriters of all ages. I like to keep the old beauties running. Here is an interesting early typewriter called a Mignon model 4. It has the original "point and click" user interface in that the user points to the letter desired and then the typing button, (the middle one,) is depressed. This rotates the printhead to the correct position and prints the letter on the paper. The other two keys are the spacebar and backspace. The German company AEG produced these from 1903 through 1933. The model 4 that I have dates to the late 20s I believe.

No comments: